Your iRestore is designed to gather and connect all the critical information on the job. It is of critical importance that all required information at the interview is gathered accurately and consistently. Upon setting up a new job in iRestore, information will be synced to all platforms: desktop, iPad and phone. When utilizing the tech wizard, the first step will be to verify the accuracy of the information on the new job. To create buy-in from your team, invest in explaining and create understanding of the value and importance of all the information. Consistency in gathering all information is of the utmost importance in linking data and getting the most out of your system through the following features:
As you may know, the iPhone and iPad version of FileMaker can save the user’s login in the “keychain” making it easier for them to access in the future. But what do you do if a new user accesses the iPad and needs to log in under their own ID. Here’s how you can delete the saved credentials and log in a new user:
1. From inside of iRestore, hit “Logout” on the Main Menu:
2. From the FileMaker menu, hit the gear in the top right corner to open the Settings menu:
3. Tap on the “Manage Keychain” option:
4. At this point, you will see a list of “Solutions” at the bottom, and one labeled “iRestore_AB_####” that would match with your database. Slide that left, and then hit the delete button:
That’s it! That will log the user out of this iPad. You can then go back to your Home Screen, tap the iRestore icon again, and this time it will prompt you for a login.
Tasks are one of the most under-utilized features of iRestore. The “Task” feature within iRestore allows you to assign specific tasks and detail responsibilities at the job level. The universal “Task” icon provides everyone in the company with a trackable and easy to manage a task list.
1. To create a new task for a job, simply hit the Task Icon from the Job Detail Screen. – Assign a team member and add the detail and/or instructions – Notify the team member of the assignment with a click of a button
2. Team members can provide task updates in real-time from all platforms, including their phones.
3. Individuals have easy access to their complete task lists from all platforms.
4. As tasks are updated and completed, iRestore manages and stores your task lists per job along with its corresponding notes.
Your iRestore package comes complete with a robust inventory management system. With iRestore it is easy to scan, track, maintain records, and keep up on reporting. Chief Operating Officer of Berks • Fire • Water Restorations, Inc.℠, Lisa Lavender, discusses this hot topic in her Restoration & Remediation article “Restoring Success: What’s Your Inventory Control Solution?” She explains, “A frustration shared by many restorers is inventory control. You wake up one morning and all the extension cords are gone, an air mover goes missing, or a dehumidifier gets left on a job site. How does this happen? This topic gets the blood boiling within every manager and owner that I encounter.”
Pictures, documentation, accurate and thorough measurements, and moisture readings are a few of the key ingredients to successfully managing your restoration company’s job files. iRestore allows technicians and managers to collect critical job information and manage it to everyone’s expectations by giving you the tools to efficiently hold the team accountable.
In Douglas Satterfield’s article, entitled “Leadership: Inspect What You Expect,” he says: “That‘s when I learned about the concept of inspect what you expect and its linkage to the human motivation factor. Telling people to do something is only a small part of a military leader’s responsibility, following up on it and checking to ensure what you’ve asked for is actually done is just as important.”
We agree, Douglas, and with iRestore we try to make this process easier. Check it out for yourself here.