The restoration business can be a profitable business that is vital for homeowners facing a crisis. But as a business owner, you know how difficult it is to stay on top for the offerings. Industry estimates suggest that most restoration companies invested between $50,000and $150,000 just to get started. In addition to supplies and personal protection equipment, you’ll have to have:
- Power saws
- Commercial air movers
Restoration Project Management Software
Keeping track of which “stuff” is available and which “stuff” is already on a job site is critical for great restoration results. While your team is onsite, you want them focussing on the client, not the inventory list. Paper lists and shared spreadsheets create a lot of opportunity for mistakes.
It also takes a lot of time to process orders from each sales channel separately and to make regular manual stock checks– time better spent building your business. And in a time with supply chain issues exist across the board, lags in reordering when stock levels are low could result in missed opportunities for you. Instead, implement an inventory management system to automate and coordinate these tasks.
Your team can choose to track with your existing tracking numbers. Or you could use iRestore’s efficient barcode feature. Your staff will now track equipment easily with a user-friendly interface implemented across all platforms. Use this accurate data to improve overall reporting and maintenance records.
Equipment management software can send automatic reminders when the replacement date of parts is approaching, or when specific parts are missing in your inventory, so you can purchase them in advance. At the same time, you can avoid overstocking and wasting money.
Features of Equipment Management Software
- Repairs and Maintenance can be easily tracked and documented
- System allows you to assign equipment to jobs, storage, vehicles, and employees
- All assigned equipment not “pulled” on the last day of a job is kept track of to help ensure that no equipment is left behind
- Allows you to monitor and evaluate your inventory in multiple ways
- Create detailed logs, custom invoices, estimates, and supporting documentation
- Consecutive scanning feature allows for fast and efficient equipment transfers. (Keep track of equipment’s serial number, purchase date, price)
- Integrates for all hard assets within the system: phones, devices, computers, meters.
iRestore Project Management Software
iRestore helps you organize data to build on the success of your restoration business. By making the most of the information that your team gathers on site and in the office, you can improve communication and efficiency for your restoration clients.
iRestore provides affordable and easy-to-use software for restoration service companies. Using the latest in iPhone and iPad technology, this software collects data from the field in real time for a more accurate “big picture” view. Since both job management and CRM (customer relationship management) are critical to your success, keeping your information in an easy to use format will empower your business.
Call or request a demonstration of how your business can benefit.